The Marriage Project
I often find working in the wedding industry that we vendors find ourselves concentrating on the ‘day of the wedding’ and not as much on the marriage that follows. So, I have decided to give away 50 free half hour portrait sessions to married couples. I will be sharing some of the photos and stories I collect here as well as any future news about the project. You can find information on taking part in the project at the bottom of the page.
One of the most amazing parts of this project, so far, has been hearing the amazing stories that the couples have to share with me. I feel privileged to capture a small part of their journey together. I will be sharing photos and and a sampling of the stories as the project unfolds.
Do you want to take part in the “50 Years of Marriage” Project?
Here are the details:
- I am giving one session for each year of marriage. So, a free session to a couple who has been married for one year, another to a couple who has been married for two years, and so forth – up to 50 years of marriage! These are going to be done on a first come, first served basis.
- You will receive digital copies of your photos as well as one 8×10 print.
- Sessions will be a half hour in length, in New York City (unless you are paying me to travel or I happen to be in your neck of the woods)
- You are willing to share some stories with me about married life and allow me to share your photos.
- The photos don’t have to be taken on your actual anniversary. Just let me know how many years you have been married.
If you are still interested in taking part, contact me immediately! Don’t just leave a comment. I need a way to contact you! Please include how many years you have been married when you get in touch. And share this with any married couples you might think would be interested. If you want to spread the word about this project, share the link and use the hashtag #50YearsOfMarriage on social media!
I will only close a slot once the photo shoot has taken place – until that time, I will put everyone who contacts me on a waiting list.
Open Years (No Waiting List) – 16, 19 – 24, 32, 33, 38, 40, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 49
Closed Years – 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 25, 26, 27, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 41, 50